Because of its timeless appeal and elegance, silver jewelry has captivated people's hearts for centuries. But not all silver jewelry is made the same. In this blog post, we will delve into the world of silver jewelry, explaining why sterling silver (925) emerges as the shining star and why pure silver isn't suitable for making durable pieces.
Understanding Pure Silver
Pure silver, also known as fine silver, is made up of 99.9 percent silver and is naturally malleable and soft. Because of this quality, it is not suitable for creating intricate jewelry designs that call for strength and durability. Pure silver can be useful in some situations, but due to its susceptibility to scratches, dents, and deformations, it is not ideal for everyday wear.
Sterling Silver (925)
Sterling silver, a remarkable alloy that combines silver with other metals, was used by artisans to overcome the limitations of pure silver. The expression "925" alludes to the creation of authentic silver, where 92.5% of the compound is unadulterated silver, and the excess 7.5% is comprised of different metals, commonly copper. At Zanvari we use Alloy.
The Advantages of Sterling Silver (925)
- Durability: The expansion of copper or different metals in the amalgam fundamentally upgrades the strength and toughness of real silver, making it reasonable for regular wear. Sterling silver jewelry doesn't break as easily and stays beautiful for a long time.
- Versatility: Authentic silver offers boundless plan prospects. Because of its superior strength, jewelry makers can easily create intricate and detailed pieces. From sensitive pendants to strong explanation rings, real silver features the best craftsmanship, guaranteeing a wide exhibit of decisions to suit each style and event.
- Affordability: Sterling silver is an affordable alternative to other precious metals without sacrificing quality or beauty. Sterling silver jewelry is a great option for people who want high-quality pieces at a reasonable price because it is easy to find.
Caring for Sterling Silver Jewelry
To keep your sterling silver jewelry looking its best, follow these care tips:
- Store your jewelry in a cool, dry place, away from sunlight and moisture.
- Avoid exposing your jewelry to harsh chemicals, perfumes, and household cleaning agents.
- Remove your silver jewelry before engaging in physical activities, swimming, or showering.
- Clean your jewelry regularly using a soft cloth or specialized silver cleaning products to remove tarnish and restore its shine.