Formula:(repeating unit) SiC.
Identified the crystals as silicon carbide.
The mineral moissanite was found by Henri Moissan while looking at rock tests from a meteor cavity situated in Canyon Diablo, Arizona, in 1893. Right away at first, he mistakenly identified the crystals as diamonds, yet in 1904 he recognized the gems as silicon carbide, Moissanite was born. The mineral form of silicon carbide was named in honor of Moissan later on in his life.
In its regular structure moissanite remains extremely uncommon. Moissanite was found in the upper mantle Green River Formation in Wyoming.
USED IN JEWELRY:
This gemstone was acquainted with the adornments market in the year 1998. Throughout the long term, it has become very well known because of its splendid sparkle and cost, which is lower than diamonds.
- Moissanite reflects like a rainbow, it is as appealing as a Diamond.
- If a Diamond is 10 on the MOHS hardness scale, the Moissanite stands on 9.25-9.5.
- It surpassed the brilliance and fire of a Diamond and has the identical beauty of a Diamond.
- The mesmerizing beauty of its appearance, durability, and affordable price make it the perfect stone for any occasion.
- There are other alternatives for Diamonds too that can lose their sparkle with time, but Moissanite is as atomically stable as Diamond so it is impossible for it to lose that spark.
- Looking for a perfect substitute for Diamond?, STOP LOOKING! Zanvari got your back, offering you an attractive and high-quality Moissanite ring..